Are you one of those people who likes to cook from scratch? You have to add the art of making homemade ice cream cones to your skills. You may be wondering if they are worthwhile if they can be easily picked up at the supermarket? Absolutely! Like homemade ice cream, the waffle horns are worth it. The freshly prepared version is sweet and crispy, with a pleasant aroma that will flood your kitchen; they will take you to your favourite ice cream parlour – a smile guaranteed.
Before you start, read our homemade ice cream guide to learn how to make a creamy treat in your own kitchen.
How to make ice cream cones
This waffle horn recipe requires little preparation and looks like a pancake mix. You can reduce the sugar content for a healthier snack, but if you reduce the sugar content by more than half, you get a bag that looks more like cardboard.
Tut: 18 cones. Preparation time : Ten minutes. Cooking time: an hour and a half.
- ½ Glass of sugar (icing sugar)
- ½ Glass of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ Glass of whole milk (whole milk butter)
- 1 glass of universal flour (4 regular)
- Shake the caster sugar, brown sugar, eggs, salt, butter, vanilla and milk in a large bowl until well mixed.
Sieve the flour into a bowl and beat until you get a pancake batter. Leave to cool in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes before returning to the kitchen bench and then sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle cone, then pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough into the middle of the iron and close the lid. As a rule of thumb, use about a quarter of the amount of batter you would use for regular waffles. Cook until the light goes out, tell them your cone is ready.
- Quickly remove the flat cone and wrap it around a conical shape. You can use a slightly greased funnel or make a conical shape from hard paper or cardboard. Push the end down to make sure there are no holes in the ice to get out. Allow the cone to cool, then remove the funnel and place it on the cooling grid. Repeat this process until the entire dough is used up.
- Let them cool completely and then serve them with ice cream, sorbet or your favourite ice cream dessert.
Waffles and ice cream – the perfect combination!
6 Tips for improving waffle horns
1. Making a form
To get away from the traditional bag, try forming a bag over a small bowl or mug to make wafers that you can fill with ice cream.
2. Limit value
Instead of making all the cones in one session, it’s a good idea to form small parties according to your needs. The dough is kept in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
3. Heating plugIf required
If the cone begins to harden before the end, put it back in the oven for two minutes until it softens again.
4. Making ice cream sandwiches
Allow the flat waffle to harden and use it to make ice cream sandwiches.
5. Reduce dough
Experiment to reduce the number of tests used for each cone – the thinner the cone, the crispier it will be.
6. Fill the hole in the bottom of.
It can be difficult to completely remove the hole in the bottom of the cone. The mini fire fills this hole perfectly!
The cones in chocolate are the perfect finish.
In the cone of the chocolate brush to keep it crispy.
How to make a waffle horn without a waffle iron
If you don’t have a waffle iron in your kitchen, you can still make those lumps. Make a paste and then pour three tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray or a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Spread it out with a spoon in a thin circle and cook until golden brown. Mode in the shape of a cone, which is rolled into a funnel. Allow the cone to cool completely.
The use of a hob means that there is no burr on the cone, but that it is smooth. You’ll always have great taste.
Observation of the manufacture of cones
Frequently asked questions
How long will waffle horns stay fresh?
Homemade waffle cones stay fresh for 2 to 3 days if kept at room temperature in an airtight container or zip bag. To bake expired or damp textured cones, heat the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds until hot.
Can you freeze waffle horns?
Waffle cones should not be frozen as they become moist and unpleasant after thawing. It is best to let the dough cool down to five days and then prepare the waffles as desired. If necessary, the dough can also be frozen.
Do you like ice cream? Look at these recipes:
We have developed the perfect chocolate, strawberry or mint ice cream, which can be made with or without ice cream.
If you’re the do-it-yourself type, you have to learn how to make homemade ice cream. It’s something special when you decorate and sprinkle handmade bags with chocolate. The kids love it!
You’ll find that you have to work very quickly to shape them, so it’s best to do it at a time when you’re not easily distracted.
Does your family like their ice cream? Maybe you want to make your life easier by investing in a specialized cone. These devices are ideal if you bite often and don’t like the cones you buy in the shop.
Have you ever bowled in your house? Let us know how they ended in the following remarks.