Malai Dahi Bhindi – fried okra cooked in a delicious spicy cream sauce
Malai Dahi Bindi – I have tried this delicious okra recipe with Abevia milk which is very creamy and delicious. I loved the rich aroma and used it to make tea and coffee. I then tried it in many recipes as a substitute for cream and milk, and each time it gave very good results.
I usually make French fries or sometimes stuffed okra, but I’ve never tried putting okra in the sauce. I want to try making a rich curd with a creamy okra curry sauce. The quark sauce looks delicious, but instead of milk I added Abevia curry milk and it turned out so rich and creamy.
Everyone loved the creamy, spicy taste of Malai Dahi Bhindi and it is now becoming a regular on my menu. I served this malai dahi bhindi with naan and jira rice, but it also goes well with roti and plain boiled rice. Try it once and you’ll like it.
If Abevia Evaporated Milk is not available in your area, add twice the amount of whole milk or fresh cream in place of Abevia. You will get similar results. #abeviamilk
You can also try these recipes….
You can subscribe to my Youtube – Maayeka channel for delicious cooking videos.
Have you tried this recipe? Click on the asterisks ★ in the recipe sheet to send us your comments! If you’ve tried it, you can also click on the recipe selection and share on Instagram with the hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Print the recipe
Malai Dahi Bhindi
Creamy curry okra in a delicious milk and spicy yoghurt sauce
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 10 minutes
Yes, of course: Holiday recipe, main course, side dish.
Kitchen: Punjabi kitchen
keyword: bindi, bindi sabzi, dahi bindi
Portion: 5 persons
Author: Anjana Chaturvedi
- 350g okra/bhindi
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 cup of yogurt/dahi
- 1 cup Abevia milk
- 1/2 teaspoon. Turmeric powder / Haldi powder
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- tastes like salt / namak
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek / kasuari methi
- 1 tablespoon. Coriander powder / Denmark powder
- 1/4 bath garam masala
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed / Jeera Sabut
- 2 green chillies / Hari Mirch
- Rinse and wipe the bindi/dirt and remove both ends.
- Now cut the bumper in half and check it from the inside, then cut it into large pieces.
- Put the yogurt and all the dry spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a pan and fry the pieces of okra in it on medium heat until they get a nice golden colour and are half cooked.
- Erase the bindi on the disk.
- In the same pan, add 3 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds, as well as 2 finely chopped green chilies and 2 medium tomatoes cut into slices.
- Add salt and turmeric, cover and cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Now mash the tomatoes with a ladle and add the yogurt mixture to the pan after you lower the heat.
- Keep stirring until it boils.
- Now add 1/2 cup Abevia milk or 1 cup whole milk or 4 tablespoons fresh cream.
- Keep stirring to prevent the mixture from curling.
- When the water starts boiling, add kasuori metho and a little garam masala.
- Add the okra pieces, stir, and add about 1/2 to 1 cup of water, depending on the sauce selected.
- Cover and simmer until the okra is tender and the sauce begins to ooze some oil from the sides of the pan.
- Serving delicious Malai Bindi with paratha, naan or rice
dahi bhindi recipe hindi, dahi bhindi masala recipe in marathi, gravy bhindi sabji, kurkuri dahi bhindi, rajasthani dahi bhindi, dahi wali bharwa bhindi, malai bhindi, nisha madhulika bhindi recipe