Shahi Paneer – tender and creamy curry in tomato sauce
Shahin Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes. There are several recipes to prepare this smooth and creamy curry. Today I am sharing my way of making a tray with shahi, which is a little different from the usual way of making them.
Since I don’t use onion or garlic in my cooking, I added grated curry squash, which gave it a nice creamy texture and a gentle curry sweetness. I added condensed milk instead of cream, but you can use fresh cream or malai instead.
Always try to use fresh malai plates for this curry. If you kept it in the fridge, take it out of the fridge at least an hour before cooking the curry.
How to make shahi paneer without onions and garlic?
First cut the pan into pieces, do not fry or sauté in oil or ghee, then heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds and all the spices to the oil. When the spices start to crackle, add the grated pumpkin and salt for a minute, then cover the pan with a lid and let the pumpkin soften a bit.
Add the tomatoes and cashews to the saucepan and simmer until the tomatoes are tender. Now grind the mixture into a fine paste and strain it through a sieve to obtain a smooth puree. Heat ghee or oil in a frying pan, add kashmiri pepper powder and add the cooked curry. Cook for one minute.
Add 3 tablespoons of curd and mix, add fresh or dried cassuori methi, 1 teaspoon chili powder and sugar and cook covered for a few minutes while stirring. Now add the condensed milk and cook for a minute. Add the paneer, cardamom powder and garam masala and simmer for 2 minutes. Garnish with kasuari methi and serve.
You can also try these recipes….
Subscribe to my youtube channel – Maayeka for regular updates of new recipes
★★★★★★ Have you ever tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★★★★ in the recipe sheet to send us your comments! Once you’ve tried it, you can also click on the recipe selection and share on Instagram with the hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Print the recipe
Shahi Switchboard Recipe
Cottage cheese cooked in a smooth and creamy tomato curry
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 15 minutes
Yes, of course: Dinner recipes, holiday recipes, main course.
Kitchen: Punjabi cuisine
Keywords: cottage cheese, onion and garlic free, breaded curry, recipe for breaded curry, shahi breaded curry
Serving: 5 persons
Author: Anjana Chaturvedi
- 500 gr cottage cheese / breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup cashew chunks/ Kayu Tukda
- 500 gr tomatoes / tamatar
- 3/4 cup grated gourd/water bottle
- 175 ml fresh creamy nuts
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger/adrac
- 1/3 Spa cardamom powder / Elaichi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. Garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar/cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek / kasuari methi
Tempering and filling
- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter – 1 tablespoon
- 1 tsp. each cumin seed / Jeera Sabut
- 2 Bayleys/Tejpatta
- 1 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 1/2 inch cinnamon/daalchini
- 3 cloves
- Cut the plate into medium-thickness pieces, soak in dewormed water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a saucepan and add the cumin seeds, grated ginger and all the spices.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the pieces of cashews and the grated gourd and sauce.
- Cover the pan and cook.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and salt and cook, covered, until the tomatoes are tender.
- Remove all spices from the cooked tomatoes and allow the mixture to come to room temperature.
- Grind the mixture until smooth, then pass it through a sieve.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee or butter in a frying pan and add 1 tbsp cashmere powder, then add the tomato paste.
- Cook for one minute, then add 3 tablespoons of curd and mix.
- After 1 minute, add 1/4 cup fresh fenugreek or 1 tablespoon kasuari metio and 1 tablespoon chili powder and simmer covered for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar and 3/4 cup fresh cream, 1/3 tablespoon cardamom powder, 1/2 tablespoon garam masala and mix well.
- Now add the curry bread crumbs and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with some kasuori methi and delicious creamy shahi paneer ready to serve.
- To be eaten with paratha, naan or iiera rice
You can use 175 ml of evaporated milk or fresh cream or 1/2 cup of crushed malai.
shahi paneer recipe sanjeev kapoor, shahi paneer recipe restaurant style, shahi paneer recipe in hindi, shahi paneer dhaba style, shahi paneer recipe hebbars kitchen, shahi paneer vs paneer tikka masala, shahi paneer recipe by vikas khanna, shahi paneer recipe by kunal kapoor